Safety Protocols for AC&C 2023
Harmony, Inc. and Area 2 are committed to offering a safe, accessible event, as we are committed to the health and safety of our convention attendees. Along with continually seeking guidance from our COVID-19 Team and some medical professionals, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 data and following the ongoing evolution of event safety protocols.
Although COVID-19 community levels are low in many areas of the United States, some people are reporting COVID infections, even though the current variants seem to be less severe than earlier forms of the virus. The best way to protect yourself and others is to be vaccinated and stay up to date on all recommended boosters.
For AC&C 2023, we will be following the guidelines** approved by the Area 2 Council on February 5, 2023. They are:
- All individuals who are sick should remain at home.
- If you are exposed to COVID-19 within 10 days prior to arrival at AC&C, you should follow the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) guidelines, which currently state that everyone should isolate themselves if they have tested positive for COVID-19 or if they are experiencing any symptoms created by the virus. If you have tested positive for COVID-19 and you have no symptoms, then you should isolate yourself for at least 5 days or until you can spend 24 hours fever and symptom free. You should keep wearing a high-quality mask whenever you are around others.
- Masking is optional on and off the contest stage. Masks are recommended for those at higher risk.
- As in 2022, there will be some additional time allocated between contestants in the contest schedule.
- Red, green and yellow stickers will be available at the Registration Desk to designate your comfort level with personal contact.
- The hotel has hand-sanitizer stations located in public areas. Attendees are also encouraged to bring their own personal hand sanitizer.
- All individuals who are immuno-compromised should do everything they can to make themselves feel safe at AC&C.
- Any AC&C attendee who tests positive for COVID-19 in the week following AC&C should report this result to Area 2 Director Julie Schwingbeck at email@example.com
Our venue has taken additional measures beyond the industry-leading cleaning standards by partnering with Reckitt, maker of Lysol & Dettol, to develop their Hilton CleanStay program. This innovative program builds upon their already rigorous cleaning standards by providing enhanced training for Team Members, increased cleaning of public areas and adjusted food & beverage service, to ensure their guests enjoy a worry-free stay.
Additionally, both public and Team Member areas are cleaned at scheduled intervals, including hourly maintenance of high-touch areas like elevators and bathrooms. Each area is cleaned using approved commercial-grade products followed by additional disinfection using the approved Lysol, Dettol, Sagrotan, or Napisan products.
**We will continue to closely monitor the situation and reserve the right to adjust any of these guidelines based on the situation at the time of AC&C.
Return to main AC&C 2023 page